1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

John Sarno Break-It-Down

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sylvia, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member

In a survey of 104 of my TMS patients I found that the perfect-good drive was either the predominant factor, or a very significant factor in 94 percent of the cases. Based on life history, I found that:

31.5 % of the patients studied, the perfect-good tendency was the primary contributor to the TMS rage, and that childhood abuse and life pressures were less important.

36.5 % of the cases the perfect-good drive and life pressures appeared to be equally significant contributors.

17% the perfect=good drive and childhood abuse were the most important.

8%, all three factors were equally important.

3.5% child abuse was the primary contributer.

2.5% life pressures were the most important contributer.

Page 103 Divided Mind.

Doesn't this tell us where most to focus our time and efforts? I think if one has horrendous child abuse then focus on that.

This to me is so much about personality. So now what?

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

The perfect-good drive is a huge part of this condition. I do, however, find that it is important to think about the past in terms of how it effects our present personality and our day-to-day actions. For instance, what aspect of our childhood is driving our perfection, or why do you feel the need to be good all the time. Dr. Sarno said that the TMS beaker consists of 1/3 past, 1/3 present, and 1/3 personality. The thing to remember is that these are all part of the same beaker, not separate ones. The unconscious mind is not linear does not remember in a linear process. In our mind, the past, present, and future all happen at the same time. The personality traits of perfectionism and goodism may be drivers seat, but our past built the car, and the present is the fuel.