1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

John Gray on Writing "Feeling Letters"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Laudisco, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I came up to Day 8 in the Structured Education Program, which involved writing a letter to a person in our lives, or an aspect of our personality. I used John Gray's model as a helpful guideline for exploring each different emotion in my letter.

I've found this a useful technique in my journey of healing, although I've never actually given the letter to the recipient! It's just been my way of expression emotion and learning to forgive. I just wanted to pass on this resource to help other people as I think it's a clever way of identifying emotions.

Here is a video and short summary of how to write a "Feeling Letter":

The Feeling Letter: How to Communicate Difficult Feelings to a Loved One

Sienna likes this.
  2. Kathi

Kathi Peer Supporter

This is excellent. Thanks for sharing it. I'll definitely use it in my journaling.

Laudisco likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I just watched the John Gray video and read his steps involved in writing a Feeling Better letter
    and think it is all wonderful. I've saved it to my desktop and will work on writing a letter to my
    book publisher boss. He frustrates me and makes me angry because he is so bad about replying to
    my emails asking about progress toward getting an investor in a book project I have been helping him with
    for the past two years for very little pay, just hopes that an investor will come through.

Anyway, a Feeling Better letter could help me to deal with this.

Laudisco likes this.
  4. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I'm so pleased this could be helpful to others! :)

Sienna likes this.
  5. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thats was great thx Laudisco…..

Laudisco likes this.