1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Job Making Me Sick

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by subtlecollision2, Dec 19, 2021.

1. subtlecollision2

subtlecollision2 Peer Supporter

How do you deal with a job that's likely contributing to your TMS? I really dislike my job. I try to listen to podcasts and music etc. to stimulate my mind more. I work alone doing dull tasks and feel very lonely and bored. I can feel anxiety/restlessness/resentment as watery eyes throughout my work day. When I'm done with work for the day, I feel better. I've tried finding a new job but haven't been able to get one. I wish I had a job that allowed me to be more creative and/or to work with people more. Any advice on mindset changes in the meantime?

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

That's a tough one, but I think we can endure anything if we know it's temporary. While you are looking for a different job and making plans, see if you can add fun and joy in your down time. The more you can connect with others and socialize during your time off, the less onerous your job will seem because you can use that time to listen to podcasts (that doesn't sound too bad actually! It could be worse lol). Keep reminding yourself this is just a temporary pit stop, and start dreaming of the kind of work you would like to do. Try to network as much as possible in your free time as well.

backhand likes this.
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

and they are ALL temporary. We are just passing through.

I think that's why I like working in the trades. As soon as I fix it, or build it, the job is over. If I am ever on a job I don't like I just tell myself "It'll be over soon"...but the ultimate truth is, they are all going to be over soon.

Doing spiritual/inside work, turning your job into a spiritual discipline will make the dullest task full of meaning.

BloodMoon, backhand and miffybunny like this.