1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Jan 17, Abigail Steidley, "What to Do When You Feel Like Crap," free

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

I got the following email earlier today and thought that someone here might find it helpful. Several people over the years have said that they've found her approach to be helpful (just put her name into our search box to learn more).

[​IMG]

Hi,

Even if you’ve been feeling great lately, like anyone, you probably have days where you just feel off, down, or crappy. They happen, even in the best of times.

In this free class, I’ll teach you a simple concept that will help you deal with strong emotions or physical pain and truly nurture yourself when you need it most.

What to Do When You Feel Like Crap
    Wednesday February 17
    10 am PT | 11 am MT | Noon CT | 1 pm ET

Escape the pain cycle and heal faster with the concepts you’ll learn in this class!

At the end, I’ll be taking questions about the 2016 Mind-Body Coach Training for anyone who is considering taking the training this year. Bring any worries or concerns, curriculum questions, and anything else! (Feel free to join the class even if you’re not planning to take the Mind-Body Coach Training. It’s for everyone!)

The Mind-Body Coach Training application process will open after class!

Call-In Details:
    Conference dial-in number: (641) 715-3605
    Participant access code: 376703

Got questions? Email deb@abigailsteidley for help!

[​IMG]

Hen likes this.
  2. Forest

Did anyone go? If so, did you find it helpful?

If you missed it, I think she has a free ebook on her site. I think it's great to have multiple healing approaches represented in the community. It makes the exchange of ideas more productive.

3. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Thank you Forest,
    I could join and it was really interesting!
    I just missed if she would share the recorded session.

Best

Forest likes this.
  4. Forest

Thanks for letting us know, @Sienna!

I just got the following from the email list, if anyone is interested in listening:
    If you weren’t able to attend the What to Do When You Feel Like Crap class, you can listen today! Grab your recording here!

Abigail supports the site but is generally too busy to post, so I don't think she'd mind me posting the recording.

Peggy, Dexy and Sienna like this.
  5. Dexy

Dexy Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for posting this, Forest. I was feeling lots of TMS pain this morning before I arose, and I knew I needed to do something to help myself. I hopped on the forum, and began listening to this, I immediately started crying and let out my emotions around some things with my mom who has a mental illness and has currently cut me off. Normally, I would get angry and cause a fight with my husband, but I knew what it was about (subconscious forces at work, fear of abandonment, etc). The crying was so cathartic and my pain subsided immediately! I am still listening to this recording as I play with my 8 month old son this morning and am finding it wonderful. Thanks again, Forest.

6. Forest

Hi Dexy, it's great to hear that it helped! There was a member a number of years back who said that Abigail's approach really helped him.

Sometimes I think that it's important to female leadership in TMS just as its important to have female leadership in government. Similarly every single different writer out there has a different spin on managing the emotional tension that causes TMS, and usually that they get by exploring their own psychology via introspection. Sometimes, you can learn an awful lot about a writer by how they explain TMS and think people should heal from it. They think that they are describing someone else, but they are actually describing themselves! Anyway, if this is true, then that's another reason to make sure that female perspectives are in the dialogue. People like Abigail, Georgie Oldfield, and Frances Somer Anderson seem like good places to start.

Dexy likes this.