1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

It's Valentine's Day...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Becca, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Becca

Becca Well known member

It is so easy to hate Valentine's Day. I used to despise it: not just the day, but the leadup to it (the commercialization, the heart-shaped/Valentine's-themed products taking over every store window...) served as a harsh reminder of the love I don't have in my life. But this year I've resolved to treat this day differently. While I don't have a special someone, that doesn't mean I don't have love in my life. Valentine's Day shouldn't make me focus on that. Rather, it should be a day to celebrate the many forms love can take in life.

The love in my life comes from my family - my parents and sister in particular - and the wonderful relationships I feel privileged to have with each of them. It comes from my friends, old and new. It comes from the communities I am a part of by choice, and communities I am part of due to circumstance. But most importantly, it comes from myself.

Lucille Ball so eloquently said, "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." So this Valentine's day, and every day, I urge all of you to take her advice: remember to love yourself first. Take today, Valentine's Day, as an opportunity to make a vow to respect yourself, accept yourself, love yourself. From there, the possibilities are endless.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone :happy:

With much love,
    Becca

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Valentine's Day came and went for me yesterday and I paid no attention to it.
    All I could think of was when I was in grammar school and we exchanged Valentines with classmates.
    Now I think the holiday is too commercial, like Christmas.

But a belated Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.