1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 It's time for a change..

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Afcteja, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Afcteja

Afcteja Newcomer

Hi All,

I recently finished listening to Dr Sarnos Heaking Back Pain and oh my is it something.
    I have suffered from pain for more than a decade and I'm currently 25 years old.
    Starting from upper back pain when younger, to lower back pain, neck, shoulder and fallen arches in feet being an issue today.

Today is the day where I start to put the TMS SEP into plan, I look forward to where it will take me.

Just curious though on one part: I currently wear orthotics and have had 4-5 pairs in the last 2-3 years.
    Yes they help my over pronation in my feet and less disturbance in my hips and lower back..but it has caused knee pain and excessive pain in feet..should I start my TMS recovery without the orthotics or do I ease out of them slowly as I progress in my recovery (hopefully)

Thanks for reading guys
    Nick

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Afcteja. I think you should ask your doctor about continuing to use the orthotics. My guess is tpo continue their use while you work the SEProgram and see how you feel.

Here is someone else's post today and should encourage you:

After my last journal (and seeing the movie 'All the Rage' ) I woke up the past few days pain-free. I have a slight ache in my Shoulder when getting out of bed but that ache disappears within hours. I have been going to the beach, laying on my back and Stomach, I have been running, working in the yard without pain. The aches that flair up are probably my unconscious mind expecting pain. Those aches disappears once I think about it and why it was there. I also noticed that my whole back has relaxed and I can't find any muscle knots or painful bumps. Progress. I have been struggling for 6 months and this week was the first week I felt normal again. I can say the SEP program works and i'll continue journaling and posting in the forum.

3. Afcteja

Afcteja Newcomer

Hi Walt

Thanks for the incite.

I will definitely watch the movie you mentioned, preview looks great.

I hope it all works out as im ready for this journey to being pain free.

4. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

I'm not sure about the orthotics, but Best wishes in your new journey.