1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

It's the Imagination that heals.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Stop repressing? Imagination.
    Think Psychological? Imagination
    Stop Fear or fear of fear? Imagination
    Feel the emotions? Imagination
    Stop mind chatter or monkey mind? Imagination
    Get back to living? Imagination
    See yourself as healed? Imagination
    You already are healed? Imagination

We have depression and anxiety? Could that be imagination?

See my point? I know when I healed I imagined I could, I didn't wish, I imagined it as real and it happened.
    This is so important. If you imagine you will hurt long enough, you will. If you imagine you will heal long enough, you will.
    You have to learn to be calm in your imagination to feel it in your body. You have to imagine or think about what your thinking about to control the tensive thoughts.
    It's takes some time to control your imaginings that have created pain in your body. You have to imagine you are ok, nothing's wrong with you. You can heal and you are already healed.
    Your imagination is the secret, use it all day, 24/7, to see yourself healed.
    Again, it will take time. Like planting a seed. You know it will come up, if you water it and stay patient.
    Imagine what you can't see externally as truth internally and you will heal. I did.
    Bless You.

Mad, plum, balto and 4 others like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, this is an important element, maybe the most important element in working with TMS. Regardless of the mechanics of how Dr. Sarno's work actually works on the mind-body, knowing that you are really OK, despite symptoms, and knowing you won't be this way forever, and knowing that you, as the occupier of your mind-body have some control in your experience ---- all this is important to "imagine as truth." In a way, the imagination is both the beginning and the end of the treatment.

Mad, MrRage and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome insight, total hit on the target. Yes, this is the beginning and the end.
    Thank you Andy B.
    God bless.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Right on, Herbie. I posted about the "Monkey Mind" on Monday in this General Discussion Subforum.

Imagination can be fueled by what we put into the mind... negative or positive. So much of what we put into our mind is from news that is mostly bad. We need to tune out negative and think and be positive, and that can mean not over-doing feeding news to our mind.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.