1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

It's so bad right now. I'm so scared

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Stiffbreeze, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Stiffbreeze

Stiffbreeze Newcomer

My muscles in my back are so tight and painful from stress and repressed emotion that I can't fall or stay asleep (both from pain and difficulty breathing) and it's causing me to have panic attacks that I'm never going to sleep again, and somehow this will cause me to die.
    I'm so sleep deprived that my mind is having difficulty making good decisions and forming rational thoughts.
    Logic and emotion are at war. I know I won't die from this, but I'm scared that I will anyway. My life is entirely dedicated to fixing this problem right now and it's not fixed. I'm terrified that I'm just not strong enough, not smart enough, not dedicated enough, not good enough to figure this out, that it's beyond me. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. It's wearing me down emotionally. I feel like I'm fighting for my life. I want to express my emotions, since that seems to help, but I'm just exhausted from crying all the time.
    When shit gets super bad for you guys, and you don't think you can do it anymore...what do you turn to? What helps you stay gritty and hopeful and keep trying. Just cause today I could use some help with that one. I know transcendentalism is supposed to be correlated with higher levels of grittiness. Be that worship, being one with nature, one with humanity, one with the universe. Maybe I'm trying to feel a little of that oneness with this group right now, because man, today really sucks.
    PS. I am working with several healthcare professionals (orthopedic surgeon, physical therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, and acupuncturist) to address these problems. I am trying anything and everything, and according to most of them I'm doing all the right things. I meditate several times a day, I practice yoga 4-5 times per week, I eat reasonably healthy, take vitamins, I'm not working right now but have a new job lined up in a month, I journal through my emotions daily, and I still find time to worship Cthulu as my lord and savior.

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Insomnia is so hard. I have it from time to time and feel like I lose my health over a few sleepless nights in a row. It makes you feel incredibly vulnerable and overwhelmed. What works for me when I go through this is to reassure myself that eventually I will sleep again. I try to accept that at the moment I am not sleeping and that's ok, I will just lie there as calmly as possible, listen to a meditation:

and use lavender essential oil in a diffuser.
    The main thing for me is to accept and reassure. Sleep returns. It's going to be OK.

3. CatQueen

CatQueen New Member

Dr sarno actually suggests, if you believe you have tms to stop all things such as stretching accupuncture and supplements because doing things to “treat” the pain reinforces that it is a side effect of a physical cause (which if you have TMS it is not).

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, no matter how miserable I am at the moment, I put all of my strength into starting my meditation. The longer you can stay in the meditative state, the faster you can get better, even if you do it in multiple increments. If you can hold your meditation for longer than 15-20 minutes at a time, you should eventually see improvements.

Balsa11 likes this.