1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 It's on the move...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by vandy1313, Oct 29, 2014.

1. vandy1313

vandy1313 New Member

On Day 15 and if you watched me walk, you would think I was getting worse than before I started this program. Good news is, that's what happens when you are taking power away from the unconscious and breaking the cycle. My pain moves around a lot now. It used to be my only my back would spasm. Now it more a thigh spasm that jacks me up. Then throughout the day I get little neck and side pains as well...those are pretty new.

Lately the pain has not been below a level 5 and has usually been in the 7 range. For the record, I am not trying to reinforce UV (my unconcious' name) by writing this, since I know I need to focus on the emotion and not the pain. Nevertheless, Im curious how it all goes away when the cycle is broken....will I wake up one morning and its gone? Will it gradually go away and I can increasingly do more things? I so look forward to knowing the answer to that question for MYSELF soon...the sooner the better!!

2. Judith

Judith New Member

:)
    Good news! You definitly now know it is TMS and you can get over it.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Vandy, Dr. Sarno and Steve Ozanich both say that continuing physical activity is helpful in healing from TMS pain
    because it tells the subconscious that you do not fear the pain. You also can't hurt yourself more by exercising.
    Steve played golf despite the pain it gave him, and eventually healed. That came from discovering the repressed anger that sent the pain.

Keep doing the SEP and journaling to discover the repressed emotions, probably going back to your childhood.

4. vandy1313

vandy1313 New Member

Thank you Judith & Forrest for your responses and guidance. Im searching for that repressed emotion, but havent locked it down yet to what it is...