1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

itchiness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by enigma, Jan 9, 2015.

1. enigma

enigma New Member

hey all. does anyone experience "itchiness" before the onset of pain? ive found that with my symptoms before pain kicks in a particular spot it becomes very itchy, i think this may tie in with the blood flow deprivation theory. just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and how there symptoms react along with it.

2. Gio23

Gio23 New Member

I have experienced rectal itching for a couple years. I know it's tms but it's hard to break the fear of the itch and then the pain after. Hope this helps.

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Enigma, I have felt the same kind of sensation and agree I also thought it was due to oxygen deprivation. I think it must be quite common. I would be interested to hear the thoughts of a TMS Dr.

enigma likes this.
  4. clairem

clairem Peer Supporter

Hi, i have itchiness whenever i try and rest! definately tms - bloody annoying too x

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree that itchiness can come before or with a pain or other symptom, all caused by TMS.

But my darling dog Annie scratches her itches and I doubt she has TMS.
    She may just have dry skin because it's winter.

The only thing that's good about itching is the great feeling when you scratch.

North Star likes this.