1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 32 It has been a while Day 32 a mistake I made/back to it

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Calum, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Calum

Calum Well known member

I was doing well on this program. My wrist pain had all, but dissipated, I had a new symptom in my achilles tendon, but I knew I could cope with it and then I went on holiday for a month and took a whole month off of thinking about TMS too. I thought it would be good for me, I thought I've got this on the run I deserve a month off. Maybe I did, but the problem was finding the time and the motivation to start again after I got back to work, and so now 2 months later I finaly get back on the program. My pain hasn't increased too much and the tendon pain went away (turns out I was worried about buying a new pair of work shoes after my old comfortable ones broke), but I'm back to my old habits of overanalysing every little mistake and misdeed I make and my deep routed anger feels like its bubbling beneath the surface ready to hurt me again. I refuse to let this happen. To this end I'm going to share a mistake I made with you all. I told a lie a little white lie to someone in my company. This may not seem like much, but I feel bad about it and in my industry if you get a dishonnest reputation then you are going nowhere. See there I go again jumping to the worst possible senario. Heres hoping I can get back on track and deal with this.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Calum,

I bookmarked this post earlier, meaning to reply. Are things going a bit better now?

3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hey Calum - Good for you for coming back and climbing on the healing horse! I know what you mean about going to the worst possible scenario… I can now feel the energy shift in my body as the anxiety starts rising… Anxiety equals pain. I am throwing you a rope to getting back on track… cuz your success and journey helps all of us in our healing!

4. Calum

Calum Well known member

Hi Forest and nowtimecoach, things are better, I'm back on the wagon (or horse :)) as it were and I'm also going to try the mindfullness technique again, a technique that I really didn't get my head around last time.

You are right anxitey = pain, often logical targeted pain. I go to by new shoes my achilles plays up, I buy a new backpack my back plays up etc. etc.

Thank you for your support! :)