1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

It feels good, but is it hurting?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jamejamesjames1, Jun 24, 2014.

1. jamejamesjames1

jamejamesjames1 Peer Supporter

I posted a few weeks ago about CPPS issues. I have been trying to tackle it with a TMS approach, as the various doctors I have visited have thrown their hands up. I know from reading the books that you should live normally, stop PT, etc, etc.

What I have found is that if I lie down with my legs prompt up and apply heat to the area that my symptoms usually improve by about 70% (until I stop). This feels great, especially after a long day at work.

My question is, is it ok to do this within the TMS framework? Or is this tying me to a physical cause? Just having an hour or two when I can think somewhat normally while not being in total pain has been great - I'm just concerned that it might stunt any TMS progress that I hope to make?

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Most all of us have taken some form of pain relief medication, massage, drink or something in order to get the pain or anxiety to ease up and in this case you are no different. If you know that its the Tms knowledge that heals and that the pain relief maladies we use are just for the symptom and not the cure then I would know of no better way than for you to get some relief than with heat. Don't stress over this ok, just continue to do your knowledge work and use the heat when you need too. The important part is to make sure to do the tms work.
    Bless you

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JameJamesJames. I too believe, as does Dr. Sarno, that it's okay to take some pain relief medication or apply heat to a pain place,
    so long as you know it's to relief the pain but not to cure it. TMS techniques will cure it. The combination works for many people.