1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 It Begins.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by braden101, Feb 3, 2014.

1. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

I would like to say how completely and utterly convinced I am already but as much as I fit the TMS profile and how much sense it makes, I can hear this little voice in the back of my head telling me that it can't be that simple, but I know that voice will fade with time.

While reading the first 2 parts of "The Mindbody prescription" before going to bed last night, I honestly felt a change in my current pain in my testes, it turned from a sharp ache to a dull sort of numbness and then it mostly disappeared and was replaced with an aching left leg and stabbing pain in my knee, something I have never experienced before.

As convincing as that should be to me that TMS is at work, I still can't help but have doubts, which I think is mostly my anxiety. "Maybe its the way I'm sitting" 'It will be back in the morning" "What if it never goes away"

Usually whatever "chronic" pain I am feeling at the time is the last thing I think about at night and the very first thing I think about in the morning. Well, this morning I still woke up thinking about the pain but TMS came into my head within seconds and I felt okay for a while, until I started walking around and now the ache is back.

I think the best thing for me to do, is get the hell out of the house and take my mind off everything, it will be my mission today to ignore the pain!

2. college_student

college_student New Member

good attitude - don't let the TMS be in control!