1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Is your pain moving around?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, Apr 9, 2017.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

My pain isn't moving, although I did notice some new symptoms last week. After the first few days of the program, I noticed that my pain was slightly decreased and I was less fearful of it. Last week, I started noticing stomach pain and digestive issues. At first, the TMS did what it has always been good at: shift my focus from the psychological to the physical. I thought maybe I was getting sick. Then I realized that it might be a TMS equivalent. Since then, I've felt much better.

Yesterday, I was able to get out of the house with some family and see a movie. I felt some pain early on, and realized that it was caused by being around a large group of people. I was more tense than usual. I was able to reassure myself, ignore the pain, and just focus on enjoying my weekend. And it helped! I can't say that it was pain-free, but it was certainly fear-free. I'm confident that conquering my fear is a major step to get better.

- Matt

2. 2scottb34

2scottb34 New Member

That's very interesting. I managed to somewhat let go of my back pain fear, though I'm still fearful of bending over, though I do it. I have been jogging this last week, which I haven't done in 10 years at least. My stomach has gone ballistic all of the sudden. I thought the same as you, must be something going around. I started having these symptoms the night before my wife and I picked up a four year old Border Collie rescue that was living in horrible conditions. I'm still having stomach problems two days later. Oddly enough, my back isn't really bothering me much at all.

3. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Update. It's 3:30 am and I woke up with neck pain. Very strange. I've never had a problem with pain in that area. I guess I can now say that the pain is moving. It's clearly TMS, how did I hurt it WHILE SLEEPING? I sit in bed right now with two options: let this pain worry me or be thankful that the TMS is running scared.

lylylys likes this.
  4. lylylys

lylylys New Member

It sounds great that you feel much better when you realize some pain may be caused by TMS. You're on the right track!

And about the update: the option 'being thankful that TMS is running scared' is an amazing way of considering the pain that is moving around, I will keep it in mind :)

5. 2scottb34

2scottb34 New Member

I really like the TMS running scared tactic.