1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is wrist pain tms?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Moppy, Jul 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Moppy

Moppy Peer Supporter

Hi all!
    I did the SEPprogram last year for chronic pain in my elbows which had been diagnosed as repetitive strain injury (RSI).Thanks to a lot of hard work and wonderful support from the tms community, really succeeded in overcoming it. I came near to being pain free for the first time in 5 years!

THEN i began to get pain in my left wrist and after imaging was diagnosed with a cartilage tear in my left wrist and that i also had a positive ulna variance in both arms. ..ie my ulna is longer than my radius bone and this increases my vulnerability to cartilage damage.

I recently had arthroscopic surgery to repair the tear but the surgeon also told me that there was not much cartilage left between my wrist and my hand. I am not sure if this would be classified as arthritis or not. I probably have the same condition in my right hand but don't have this pain. He suggests surgery to reduce the length of the ulna, quite a major procedure which is very painful and requiring two lots of surgery over a 12 month period. I don't want to go down this path.

Therefore my question is could the pain in my left wrist be TMS especially now that the cartilage tear has been cleaned up and i should be more on the mend? There is definitely a structural issue here but it does seem odd that the same ulna structural abnormality exists in my right wrist but i don't have any of this pain and I am right handed so use this hand more.

I've been reading Joe Dispenza's book You are the Placebo but am a little put off due to some controversy abt his credibility, and some of the comments about him on this site. I'm not sure what to make of him.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this as i feel that i am floundering a bit. Has anyone else had a similar problem that they have helped thru the tms approach?