1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is Work Life balance even possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IrishSceptic, Jun 15, 2015.

1. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Came across this neat little clip. It argues that Work-life balance is an absurd idea and actually damaging the happiness within society as increasingly people feel they must 'have it all'.

I think TMSers will appreciate the message(which is a timely one) and many should heed. Focus on a few key things in life and try your best. Don't spread yourself too thin and realise you are not superhuman but much like the actors who play superheroes in the movies(ordinary people with their hidden own struggles and silly self induced pressures etc etc)

Its something I have thought a lot about as I tend to be constantly going with the flow and trying to keep everyone else happy and attended to. Its about realising your 'real priorities' rather than imagined ones.

hopefully it strikes a chord with some people here.

Cap'n Spanky, David88 and Forest like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Nice video. Particularly with us TMSers who put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect and good.

I think I understand this on an intellectual level, but learning to not put pressure on myself to be perfect is hard. Everything worth doing is worth doing even if it takes time and work, though.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

In writing a new book I try to make it perfect, but every time I re-read what I've written, I see that I can tweek here and there and make it better.
    I'm glad I don't expect it to be perfect the first or even the tenth time. And even when I think I've done it as perfect as I can, I don't worry if it isn't quite perfect. It's as good as I get it. Then I put it aside and go on to the next thing.

4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Great little video!