1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is TMS actually bad for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by learningmore, Jan 2, 2022.

1. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

Let me explain. Obviously TMS is bad for you. I mean provided TMS is causing tension in your body, is the tension bad for you. Like, if you recover, are there after affects due to all the tension?

2. Vladan

Vladan Peer Supporter

Recover from what?
    Muscle tightness? No.

3. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

TMS reduces blood flow to create pain. Or muscle tightness. When that emotion is resolved and the pain goes away, is there resulting damage from reduced bloodflow for so long.

4. Vladan

Vladan Peer Supporter

I am sure not, once circulation goes back, everything goes back to normal.

5. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I seem to be totally healthy compared to 22 years of fibro - it has not left any damage to me - in fact I am starting to feel that i am lucky to have had tms - it has made me appreciate my health far more than most - and it has made me a compassionate and thoughtful person - would I of been as good had I not been a tms person??

6. Vladan

Vladan Peer Supporter

It's appreciation of no pain/struggle that people take for granted.
    Light at the end of a tunnel, and we appreciate simple things more which improves quality of life.