1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is this TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by abhi2009, Mar 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. abhi2009

abhi2009 Newcomer

Background- I am 32 male, I have OCD diagnosed 16 years back. I was on medicines for 8 years and now managing through meditation and therapy.

Story- The pain started after having a couple of beers with my friends. The next day I got cramps in both my calf and I thought alcohol did some nerve damage. The pain continued for 1 year. I went to neurologists and got MRI done for the back. MRI revealed disc bulge and pinching the never. So doc gave me the diagnosis of pinched nerve causing the calf pain. I started getting back pain post my MRI. I got pain-free for a couple of months after reading success stories here. I thought alcohol is not the reason for my pain so I again had a beer. Again my calf got cramps and I am back to where i was around a year back.

Very much confused if this is TMS pain or just I just caused damaged drinking alcohol again to my nerves?

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

This is just a remembered pain pathway as you have correctly suspected. Your brain has employed it once again to distract from more 'dangerous' emotions probably being generated by your anxiety. The fact that you were pain-free for a couple of months after reading the success stories is great evidence.