1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is this tms related?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mstlymebutmstlyu, Apr 23, 2014.

1. mstlymebutmstlyu

mstlymebutmstlyu New Member

I'm sure I am experiencing sciattica. I do have a numb calf and numb foot that feels like it fell asleep. All but my big toe is weak and I have an absent reflex on the back of my foot heel area.

I do have a large disc extrusion that appears to be compressing on nerves.

A tms doc I spoke with said tms does not cause motor loss or loss of reflex. I know people who had legs and hips lock up from sciatica so what makes my case not tms?

Is it because the abnormality is larger than most?

Dr sarno says that even spinal stenosis which is painful is tms related.

I'm so confused can someone give their opinion. Thanks.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm not a doctor, just someone who believes in TMS and was healed of severe back pain by
    discovering some repressed emotions and dealing with being a compulsive and perfectionist person.

I would follow Dr. Sarno's advice that sciattica is TMS caused.

I suggest stop thinking that you are structurally damaged and start journaling to discover
    your TMS causes. The forums are full of advice on ways to do that.

Forest likes this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you need to see a TMS doctor and get properly diagnosed. If you do have TMS, which the odds are good from what you've said, the structural causes you've mentioned are irrelevant, wrong and incompatible with TMS causality.

You are RIGHT to be confused! You need to learn more about TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN by reading, listening to and viewing the myriad of TMS materials you can access here and elsewhere for less the the cost of one MRI.

Forest and Ellen like this.