1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is this sciatic pain?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JacketSpud, Dec 10, 2015.

1. JacketSpud

JacketSpud Peer Supporter

I am experiencing pain I've felt mildly before but it's getting rather intense. It is a dull pain starting behind my knee and all the way down the back of my leg to my foot. Would this be my sciatic nerve? If so, I'm pretty sure it's likely TMS on the move.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JacketSpud. Knee and leg pain is very common to TMSers. Don't try to call it Sciatic nerve or anything else, just believe the pain is caused by your emotions. The Structured Educational Forum, free on this web site, will help you to discover those emotions.

3. JacketSpud

JacketSpud Peer Supporter

I totally believe it is TMS, I just wondered what nerve is likely affected. Helps with my mindfulness. I've completed the SEP with phenomenal improvements in my original pain but it still recurs and appears to keep throwing up a variety of symptoms that are new and strange to me. I'm now working through unlearn your pain, I'm a week and a half in, so basically I've been going for approx seven weeks. I'm not calander watching, just dos the math quickly in my head.

I'm really pleased with how far I've come, but these other pains frighten the heck out of me - plus my anxiety, which has been dormant for about 18months has come back full pelt, and given I get health anxiety scary pains overwhelm me.