1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by runnerguy, Apr 16, 2021.

1. runnerguy

runnerguy New Member

Have had what i know now to be tms my whole life. The largest "problem" was what led me to that discovery but also what has the greatest doubt for me. I woke up with pain after reading side effect horror stories of a medication for a day or two. Is this possible the subconscious could do this?

2. birder

birder Well known member

Absolutely.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes. I get TMS symptoms just reading the posts on this Forum sometimes.

TG957, Baseball65 and birder like this.
  4. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Sarno called it the 'Nocebo' and it is real. I have seen people come down with symptoms that other people in their environment are banging on about. Reading about side effects is doing it to yourself. I often walk away from guys talking about injuries on the baseball field because most of them are TMS.

TG957 likes this.
  5. runnerguy

runnerguy New Member

My problem is that i have read so many posts / forums saying that this particular medication can hurt you forever with one dose. I only took four and freaked the hell out. Dont know where the reality to this is.

6. MommaCat

MommaCat Peer Supporter

I am wondering the same thing. I took nitrofurantoin and ever since then , back in Sec I had unexplained stomach issues. It is terrible. Nitrofurantoin causes nerve pain, live and lung damage. My life is in turmoil.

7. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Oh dear I sympathize! How horrible and not useful ‍♂️. I watched my mom having side effects of the medication her husband was taking so... I am sure it is possible!
    I always read the ‘how it works’ on simple tylenol if I take any: I always had a feeling it works better when I do this, kind of adding the placebo effect to the medicine itself. I plan on keep using this mind power for the positive side.
    Good luck

TG957 likes this.