1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Is there hope?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Christine, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Christine

Christine New Member

I was just introduced to this program today. I thought, "What do I have to loose?" So here I go:

I have been having migraines for at least the last four years. They are severe and fairly regular (every 5-7 days - which is down from every 3-4 days). I have narrowed down triggers to be stress and the weather. I have been taking medication for them, which in itself causes side effects of my nerve system. The pain in my head may go away but then my body hurts.

I live in a constant fear of getting a migraine. I have medication stashed everywhere around the house, at work, in my car, and my purse. I don't go anywhere with it. I am afraid to. I am always thinking to myself, "Is that a migraine coming?" Because once it comes it is too late for the medication to work, I need to catch it early.

I am looking forward to this program as I have pretty much given up any hope of ever overcoming/finding a cure for this debilitating "disease".

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Christine,

I had migraines for over 50 years, and at times I had an average of 15 per month. I'm happy to report that I haven't had any in over a year since learning that they are TMS and using TMS healing techniques. I was like you--always fearing that one was coming on, and one of my triggers was a change in the barometric pressure. It took some work, but I have been able to recover from this. You can too. You are on the right path. A migraine-free future is possible.

Welcome to the Forum! Keep us posted on how you're doing and feel free to ask questions at any time. We are all here to support one another.

Best wishes...

3. Christine

Christine New Member

That is the best news I've heard in a long time!!! I'm glad it worked for you and I will keep working at it.
    Thank you so much for the encouraging words.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen, your reply to Christine is great. No matter what the symptom, TMS can heal it.

My mother had migraines and now I know it was TMS. She had a real rough girlhood
    and probably also inherited a lot of TMS from her mother who also had a rough life.

The better we understand our parents, the easier it is to forgive them.
    Journaling about my boyhood helped me to do that.

5. relaxed

relaxed Newcomer

My migraines stopped when the menopause began, but I have just realised that is when my back pain started. Now I have started this course I hope the migraine in my back disappears altogether. On day 9 and I am beginning to feel better.

6. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

I used to have frequent migraines. There were times I'd have one every day for a month at a time. Now, very very rarely do I get one. I've had most every other TMS-like symptom and migraines were just one of them. There is hope!

7. Bill S.

Bill S. New Member

Hey Christine, I'm two weeks into my study of TMS, my issue is back pain. From what I have learned so far is that this is a belief system, so your statement "what have I got to lose", caught my eye. What I'm learning is that if your going down this path, you're all in. I'm learning healing is tied to believing 100% that TMS is the root cause, not structural or your body breaking down. Hope that helps--Bill

Ryan likes this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Bill is right. Believing 100 percent in TMS is essential in healing.

Of course, you could relieve a lot of your pain if you threw your computer in the garbage.
    Mine is giving me TMS today. My life was a lot happier before those a-holes in a garage invented the Apple computer.

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Sure, there's hope.
    But you have to put both feet in the water, not just a toe.

10. Christine

Christine New Member

Thank you for you comments. I am on day 6 now and totally agree with you. I started this as it was recommended by a co-worker and I am all in. My husband used to tell my "mind over matter" and I wanted to choke him but now I think he may have been right. (I'll tell he was right later :) )

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Don't choke your husband, hug him for encouraging you to believe in"mind over matter."
    The medical professionals (many doctors and the pharmaceutical companies) don't want us to believe in
    the MindBody connection or TMS, but we who have recovered from TMS pain know better.

Keep working on the SEP and you will be a new, healthier, happier person.