1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is Tendonosis Cause for Concern?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ac2448, May 27, 2019.

1. ac2448

ac2448 New Member

Is tendonosis shown on an MRI something that is normal wear and tear of the body or a cause for concern?
    I had an MRI about a year ago for severe groin pain and pelvic pain (none to very little hip pain). The MRI showed insertional tendinosis of the gluteus medius/minimus at the greater trochanters. The doctor did not seem particularly worried about this. I sought physical therapy for the pelvic issues and finally reached the conclusion of TMS treatement.

Fast forward to a year later, I am having outer hip pain and struggling with whether to go to the doctor again and have another MRI/ possible physical therapy. This is making me question my TMS treatment and if I am making any possible damage worse.It seems that while I am having these bad hip pains, my other pelvic pains that are my main concern are not as noticeable.