1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is stuttering a manifestation of TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by CaptainNemo, Aug 1, 2016.

1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo New Member

kevinmichael likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Yep, pretty sure someone asked this before and Dr. Schubiner confirmed this.

3. kevinmichael

kevinmichael Peer Supporter

I had spasmodic dysphonia as a teenager, It literally went away over night. This was many years before I became aware of Dr. Sarnos work. It was my first TMS manifestation. I am not sure if stuttering is TMS.

4. kevinmichael

The reason I am not sure that stuttering is TMS is because I am not aware of anyone ever being cured of it. My college roommate had it. He modified his speech pattern to deal with it. For example when he answers the phone he says Yes Hello instead of Hello.

5. lavendertealatte

lavendertealatte Peer Supporter

wow! As someone who studied to become a speech-language pathologist, this is amazing news to me.

6. kevinmichael

I saw spasmodic dysphonia written about in The Mind Body Prescription. That is when I first realized I was a person with TMS. That book was amazing to me I went on to read the fourth book. I have spent countless hours on the internet reading about TMS . I have had various chronic pain over the years . No surgery however. No stuttering.

7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Makes perfect sense, the tongue is controlled by muscles.