1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is LPR a TMS symptom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sam1970, Mar 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sam1970

Sam1970 Newcomer

I am new to this forum and am still learning about the role TMS can play in many chronic pain and chronic health conditions. I have started working with the Curable App, listen to many of the TMS podcasts and am trying to do expressive writing and self-compassion meditation on most days. I have been suffering from IBS-C for over 30 years and it has gotten very severe in the last 10. About 10 years ago, I also developed debilitating migraines, which put me out of commission for up to 3 days at a time. I am 51, slim, exercise most days and eat pretty healthy: whole grains, lots of veggies, some fruit and only lean chicken, turkey and fish. In May 2021, after a very stressful time in my professional life involving a supervisor, who was bullying me, I suddenly developed laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR). First, I only had the LPR for 3 days, then it went away on its own. Then it came back in July and got so severe that I started taking PPI meds for it. At first Omeprazole, then when this stopped working, Prevacid. I hate taking these pills and would like to get off them. They also do not always work. I know that LPR can often be controlled with diet but cutting out coffee, chocolate, citrus fruit, tomatoes, spicy foods, etc. is super hard for me. I have read that LPR can be connected to IBS. I am 100% sure that my migraines and IBS are TMS symptoms. I am just not sure about the LPR. Does anyone have any thoughts on or personal experience with this? Thank you so much in advance for your help.

hecate105 likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think the fact it came on just as you had stress at work says it all......You are putting a lot of thought into staying healthy food wise - are you giving yourself care in other ways? Being kind to yourself? taking time to relax - especially in natural surroundings, meditating or doing mindfulness, journalling...and did i mention being kind to yourself?!

3. bizkit

bizkit Newcomer

which LPR symptoms you have?

4. Sam1970

Sam1970 Newcomer

Sore throat, burning tongue, sometimes even burning in my ears.

5. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I have silent reflux symptoms - lots of smooth muscle is associated with TMS and anxiety. i have been using the UK Gavasgon with good results including cutting out the foods you mentioned. My real issues are when I eat anything oily, fatty or greasy. I believe my symptoms are anxiety related.

6. bizkit

bizkit Newcomer

which part of the tongue?