1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is long covid TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by eline, Nov 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. eline

eline Peer Supporter

Dear all,

I have been wondering for a while whether long illness due tot covid 19/corona, also known as "long covid" is TMS.

Sarno mentioned a couple of illnesses which were "in Vogue" for a while and everyone had them like ulcers or RSI and later suddenly nobody ever had those anymore. How was this possible? It was because those illnesses were TMS, being an escape for stress.

I think this could be true for long covid too, since many people have vague complaints, while often doctors cannot find anything wrong in their body anymore after the recovery from the actual covid.

I do not have covid myself, i AM Just wondering wether the covid epidemie could be a stress related epidemic. This would explain a lot...

What are your thoughts on this?

Tennis Tom likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @eline, I've had that very same thought myself! I have also thought that the cases with the really extreme and dangerous inflammatory response could also be the result of excess stress in the particular individual, because stress and inflammation are closely tied. This makes sense when applied to the children with COVID who experienced this response - as in, what kind of stress were they enduring in their pandemic shutdown homes before they got sick?

3. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Pondering on this...

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

5. NameK

NameK Well known member

This has me worried as I've been sick for past two days and have to go get tested before I can return to work I hope I dont have it. My grandma recently got it being in the hospital for the last 3 weeks due to a stroke she hasn't had any symptoms yet though so thats good.

Doesn't help ive been stressing about my dry eyes as they have been really bothering me.

6. NameK

NameK Well known member

Just wanted to post an update I tested positive for covid 19 today ive had symptoms for 5 days now.

My symptoms for the most part have been pretty mild but I am 26 and would consider myself fairly healthy despite my lack of pshyical activity in the recent year or two.