1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is it TMS or Real?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Bina, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Bina

Bina New Member

I fell on my side 2 weeks ago and the pain from my hip has migrated to my sacrum. It could be the normal healing route, it could be related to my not doing my usual stretching routine that keeps my "tin man" body more fluid and flexible, and it could be TMS. Or all 3.

What's confusing for me is that I have several autoimmune disorders, including all the symptoms of a connective tissue disorder, so it's sometimes hard to distinguish what is TMS.

I would love some ideas about how to differentiate. Thanks!

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

At this stage of recovery from a minor fall it would be acceptable to take it a bit more gently generally. The important thing to remember is to keep calm and know that your body will heal. If it is from TMS the approach would be the same, calmly and cautiously getting back to fully functioning.

3. Bina

Bina New Member

Thank you birdsetfree. Wise advice. I tend to worry and that just creates more tightening and pain.

birdsetfree likes this.