1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

is it the exercise or the mind?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stevow7, Mar 30, 2018.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

so it all started when i wanted to do deadlift. i first injured my lower back doing it. but didnt want to give up on it so when i recovered i went again, then every time i did it i get lower back stiffness or pain. after the lower back pain went away i started getting other pains like shoulder, knee pain and then lower back pain again. it wasnt until this week that i did deadlift again, but now instead of lower back its middle back pain. it only hurts when sitting and comes and goes away. i asked a professional if it was herniated disc, but he said its mostly muscle because i dont feel any pinched nerve. anyways, could i be hurting myself because of the deadlift or is it my emotions? i can tell im depressed because of my life right now with a lot of anxiety and other things.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You are asking the right questions, and making good observations! This is the process, and you are doing it. Supporting your TMS inquiry are the findings "muscle rather than disc," and "pain comes and goes."

iwire likes this.