1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 Is it ok to cry when recognizing emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by npoise, Jun 18, 2017.

1. npoise

npoise New Member

I cried a bucket both Day 1 and Day 2 while doing the activities for the day, is this normal? Eg for today, I wasn't sure how I could think of an emotion that likely suppressed since 29 years ago that made me cry.

3 things that make me feel ANGRY are:
    • Can't say NO, always prioritizing others
    • Keep everything to myself
    • Perfectionism
    3 things that make me feel SAD are:
    • Not following my dreams
    • My husband didn't believe in my pain -he thinks I am making it out
    • Feeling not good enough

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Npoise,
    Crying is good. It relieves mental and physical tension. The emotion from 29 years ago is like a wound with a scab. We go around feeling ok, as though its healed, but under the scab its still raw.

I have talked with several women in their 80's that had babies die more than 60 years before and every single time their voices crack, even the times they didn't cry. I guess these wounds "scab" enough that we can function, but the hurt is not gone. Maybe TMSers have pushed the lid down harder on the cauldren that Sarno writes about, but its in us somewhere.

Cry if you can, I believe it will help you.
    Lizzy

3. Alice

Alice New Member

Hi npoise, I am on Day 1, and I almost cried while watching the video so I really hope it is okay.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm a man, 87 years old, and I find it helpful to cry at times. It relieves a lot of pressure. But I also believe in laughing. It can bring the same calming results. Life hasn't always been a bowl of cherries, but I try focusing on remembering the days when they were a bowl of cherries, and without any pits.