1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is it bad to take anti inflammatories

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by adria, Dec 13, 2015.

1. adria

adria Peer Supporter

I am on day 2. I am in a lot of pain. For the past 2 weeks or so I have trying to go bout my day as if I were a person without back pain. Bending at the waist, lifting things sitting for long periods etc.... My pain has been getting worse. Today it hurts so much that I had to take some Naproxen because out of all the pain killers this is the one that gives me the least side effects. But now I feel like I'm setting myself back. It just hurts so much. What do I do???

2. EAsprts26

EAsprts26 Newcomer

Adria,

Thanks for your post, and I totally understand your suffering. I am currently on day 10 of the program and I missed some days so it has been over two weeks since I finished "Healing Back Pain". I have constant 24/7 sciatic pain down my left leg. Since reading the book I took myself completely off of the several medications I was taking to try and deal with the pain before my surgery. I also cancelled that surgery. I have definitely caved a couple times myself. I think now that I am grasping this theory more and more, the medicine that I do take has less of an effect on my physical symptoms. I like to look at it as more evidence that there is something psychological going on. I am still struggling very hard with my pain, but I hope this is at least some encouragement for you.

Keep up the work with the program and see where it takes you. Do what you can to stay away from the medications, but do what you feel is going to help you in the moment. It is not like you are hitting the reset button on your treatment just because you have taken some medicine. It takes time to accept this diagnosis. Good luck, stay strong, and feel free to reach out to me with questions, comments or if you just want to talk about your journey!

-Eric