1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is Fever a TMS equivalent

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by rjh18, Dec 13, 2014.

1. rjh18

rjh18 New Member

I have been able to identify many TMS equivalents and used Dr. Sarno's methodology to rid them. However I seem to have some sort of resistant infection that while on antiobiotics I seem to get better and while off of them I get fever and chills that usually lasts a day. This has been going on for several weeks. I had a blood work and chest xrays as I have a cough that is most active in the morning. Everything is normal except white blood count which is slightly high. The Doc thinks this is due to the infection. I am wondering if this whole thing could be a TMS equivalent. Perhaps my brain has used my being off antibiotics to trigger the fever and cause a necessary distraction. I am experiencing a high level of stress currently due to several circumstances that might trigger rage. Any thoughts TMSers would like to share is much appreciated.

RJ

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

RJ, if you feel stressed lately, your symptoms are probably TMS.
    We are in the pre-Christmas season and it and the new year can cause us to be stressed-out.
    It's often because of repressed emotions from previous holidays, even those in our childhood.

I am reminding myself that Christmas is not Santa Claus' birthday. Parties and family get-togethers
    can be stressful. So can shopping and gift-giving. I'm keeping my Christmas more spiritual this year,
    and keeping positive about the new year.

Deep breathing and living in the present moment is helping.

mike2014 likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Raj,

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Walt, xmas is definitely a stressful time.

TMS teaching states that most symptoms are caused by mild oxygen depravation, the fact the you have a high white blood count goes against Dr Sarnos teachings and could mean there is something fundamentally wrong, I would definitely get this checked out by a Dr to rule out any serious conditions.

With that said, I have known people to have a high white cell blood count who have treated it as a MindBody Syndrome (its essentially the same teachings as Dr Sarno) and who have cured themselves. You may want to read up on the movie theconnection.tv - Shannon had an Autoimmune Disorder, where she had a high white cell count which she cured by taking up meditation.

I must re-iterate, please check with a Dr to ensure there in nothing of concern.

All the best,

Mike

4. rjh18

rjh18 New Member

Ok so i was doing my tms work, reread mind body prescription and everything returned to normal including white blood count. However last night I was only able to sleep 2 hours and woke up exhausted with a low grade fever. Feels like the same thing as before. Pretty certain this is a new TMS manifestation but there is always this lingering doubt in my mind which helps the slight fever to serve as a distraction. In addition my lower index finger has swelled up pretty bad. Doc says its gout but uric acid is normal, so this also strikes me as TMS. Please chime in and let me know your thoughts.

5. yaakmberns

yaakmberns Newcomer

I really have a related question.
    I have had low grade fever usually only evenings for over 6 weeks. My internist is trying to find the source. We are waiting for the results of a blood culture. I do have a whole history of TMS originally diagnosed by Dr. Sarno.

I was wondering if TMS can cause low grade fever. My fever at night has been generally around 99.3. Once it was as high as 100.6 and once 100.4.

I also have also at least one other TMS problem going on. In fact pain has moved from my heel to the top center of my foot. The change just took place a few days ago after having pain at the bottom of my foot for about 6 months.

Thank you.

Jeff Bernstein