1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Is fear/stress the reason?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Aug 27, 2015.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

2. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Well first of all I'm not a fan of the Conservative party. Just thinking about Ian Duncan Smith is giving me repressed emotions. Might need to journal later about it. Maybe even write him a letter and actually post it. Lol

Its difficult without knowing all the facts surrounding all the deaths and we know how the media likes to show things worse than it really is. But I would agree as say quite possibly the fear of going back to work worrying about how they will cope would be a significant factor. At least in most of the cases.

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Exactly, difficult to say for sure, but worry / stress and the thought of going back to work when someone is still mentally and physically unwell must play a huge burden. But, 80 people a month does seem extremely high.

Another article states that Ian Duncan Smith states that work is like health treatment. He's missing the reason why these people are ill in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Richsimm22 likes this.