1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is cramping part of TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Onasunday, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Onasunday

Onasunday New Member

I've been battling my TMS since January and have had many ups and downs. I'm at a stage where I can jog some, do push ups and even attempted volleyball (ouch). I feel like I make some significant progress and then have continuous set backs. Recently I have woken up in the middle of the night with cramping up and down my right leg. It is not just the normal spasms my right leg/glute experiences but cramps that make me jump up and walk them out. Is this part of the TMS game plan or something separate entirely? I also wake up every morning stiff and inflexible. I know conditioning is a big part of TMS but I don't know how to break that one. Thanks in advance for any advice or input.

2. Benjiro

Benjiro Peer Supporter

I certainly believe it can be. When I played competitive sports, I recall a few occasions when I cramped up during particularly stressful matches. At the time, I figured it was a result of intense exertion, but in hindsight stress is a more plausible explanation. I also recall occasionally waking up with an intense cramp or a numb leg that felt paralyzed before it regained mobility within a few seconds. Remember, anything that focuses your attention on the body and distracts you from underlying issues is potentially a TMS manifestation.

Onasunday likes this.