1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is coccydynia TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by plafield, Jan 17, 2019.

1. plafield

plafield New Member

Dr. Sarno mentions it briefly in one of his books but I've never seen it anywhere else on the lists of probable TMS issues and there are no success stories here for it either. It's my only real symptom and I've had an x-ray that says there is no structural issue but the way the pain fluctuates for no apparent reason supports the TMS explanation but it would be so helpful to hear from folks who have had success healing their tailbone pain or hearing from a professional who works with TMS (there are none in my area that I can see) that yes, coccydynia is often TMS.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi plafield,

The fact that Dr. Sarno mentions it is sufficient, in my opinion. I understand your desire for confirmation of your exact diagnosis, that you want reassurance. At the same time any chronic pain which cannot be traced to systemic/disease/physical causes is TMS in my experience. I suggest, having eliminated anything dangerous, and having imaging showing nothing, that you treat this as TMS.

Andy B

3. plafield

plafield New Member

Thanks Andy. I think so too and have been totally treating it as TMS but I know that the tiny % that still sometimes fears it's something physical impedes my progress and hearing from experienced folks that they believe that coccydynia is indeed TMS would be incredibly helpful in that regard.