1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is anhedonia TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Davideus85, Apr 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Davideus85

Davideus85 Peer Supporter

I've been dealing with intensive anxiety and depression for a number of weeks now and I've finally managed to overcome most of it, but now I've been feeling completely emotionally flatlined. I can't feel positive emotions at all! I looked it up and apparently it's called anhedonia. I'm just wondering if this is likely TMS and has anyone else experienced this?

2. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

I'm experiencing a bad spell of this myself. It's definitely TMS.

Davideus85 likes this.
  3. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Right there with you. All through the holidays, i pretty much did nothing but go to work. I would stay at work for extra hours cause i didn't want to be at home. Somehow its getting slightly better, but still having depression symptoms. Now im pretty much worn out and unsure of what to do next. It's possible its TMS

Davideus85 likes this.
  4. Davideus85

I can feel negative emotions like fear and anxiety and sadness but nothing positive! I can’t enjoy any activities at all. Movies, games, music, reading, socializing...does nothing for me. I can’t feel any pleasure at all! It’s been freaking me out. It’s like I’ve been robbed of the things that make me me. When I try to force positive feelings I experience...anxiety. It’s like my brain is scared shitless of the idea of feeling good. It feels incredibly violating to me. I can handle physical symptoms because at least there’s been positive experiences to balance them out. But what do you do when you can’t feel anything good at all? It’s like why do anything? I can’t feel motivated to do anything! It’s been going on for about 3 weeks now. I’m terrified this is somehow permanent.

5. Davideus85

Does this come and go for you?

6. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

The brain can only handle so much overthinking. It's ok to space out for a little while, and not do anything. Sometimes running away from pain can increase it. It's probably that you have a lot of discomfort running around in the background. Let the background noise fade.

7. Davideus85

So it is possible that overthinking has overwhelmed my brain and caused it to shut down emotions on me?

8. Balsa11

It's your body's way of telling you to take a break from ruminating and over thinking. The tricky part is how to respond, how to dial down the background noise so you can focus on what's important to you.

9. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

It comes and goes. I think it's related specifically to exhaustion in my case

Balsa11 likes this.
  10. Balsa11

Same here