1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Investigating emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jcacciat, Mar 14, 2016.

1. jcacciat

jcacciat Peer Supporter

I am starting to journal, and the instructions say to truly investigate your emotions regarding the topic about which you are writing. I don't think I understand what it means to investigate my emotions when journaling. Am I simply recalling the emotions I experienced at the time of the event that I am writing about? Or is it something else?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi jcacciat,
    Yes, start with writing down the feelings that came up with you during the events. As you write the feelings and thoughts down that happened in the past, you may be impacted by remembering them. You may notice reactions, more emotions which are reactions to the descriptions/feelings/ thoughts. That way, you may (or may not) expose a little more, a little more depth. You can only explore what you're aware of, but as you just ask yourself "what else is there to feel or see here?" this opens you to more information arising...
    Andy B

3. jcacciat

jcacciat Peer Supporter

Andy, thank you very much.