1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Introduction

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Raj s, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

I am Raj from India. About 18 months back i started to have some pain in my elbow then in the wrist. That time I had some financial problems and also had some issues with my girl friend (I hope these things would have triggered). Then on I went to doctors. MRI, physiotherapy for more than a year. By the time, i started to have pain in my upper back, neck.. Initially i used to get some pain when working in the laptop. Changed my working station according to the doctors suggestion. Still there is pain. Initially diagnoised with RSI and then fibromyalgia.

A month back i started looking into Sarno's books. Right now i have already read The MindBody Prescription and The Divided Mind. I have started the Day1 of educational program yesterday.

During the last month i have done journaling and followed advice of Sarno but sometimes i feel like pain is 50 % gone. Again after a week or two it hits back. Then the period of doubt. Struggling to get confidence. I understand that the pain is due to TMS but when i get the pain my mind automatically think about is it due to physical problem.If i do any activity it is like whether i will injure myself.

Need some encouraging words/advice from people here. Thanks in advance

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello, Raj. I'm in Chicago, 84 years old, and got severe back pain two years ago.
    I learned about Dr. Sarno and TMS, read his books, and healed about 90 percent within a few weeks.
    Part of me kept thinking at least the remaining 10 percent of pain was from aging, but when I finally
    convinced myself (and my subconscious) that it was 100 percent TMS, the remaining 10 percent of pain left me.

You are experiencing what most of us have... it requires a total belief in TMS.
    The SEP program will help you to do that. Journaling was one of the biggest helps. I discovered anger
    from my childhood I never realized was there. When I journaled about it all, I began to see things
    differently and was able to forgive my parents and older brother for what gave me anger, frustration,
    separation, anxiety.

TMS pain can move around and it can get stronger or lighter. It takes a while to be totally pain-free,
    but you are definitely on your way.