1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction - More than pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by russelld191, Nov 22, 2016.

1. russelld191

russelld191 New Member

All,

I am happy to be here! I have been battling tight neck, face and jaw muscles as well as extreme dizziness and visual floaters for about three years. I was about to welcome my second child, and start a new new job as the symptoms started. I have been down many dead ends... sinus surgery, jaw treatment, wisdom teeth, etc. Myofacial release and a good osteopath have helped, but my world came into focus when I found this site. I am a person who ruminates and replays situations in my head, beating myself up over minor flaws. My family was poor, and I have a great desire to transcend that life (and have), but my fear of inadequacy has secretly ruled me for a while. I have no idea where this will go, but I am happy to introduce myself and take this journey with all of you.

Best,
    Drew

jaumeb and douggie like this.
  2. douggie

douggie Peer Supporter

Keep working the program!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Russelld. Welcome to the TMS community. It will help you to heal of your symptoms.

I know all about rumination and letting stressful thoughts play around and around in my head. It's also called "Monkey Mind," and you can find videos about it on YouTube.

I especially like the YoutTube video called "Detachment from Over-Thinking" with the soothing voice of Australian Michael Sealey. I watch it every night before going to bed and it relaxes my mind.

I also like the Relaxation Response, a technique of meditation that focuses the mind on being calm. Again, you can find out about it on Youtube in the videos of Dr. Benson. It's like Transcendental Meditation, only it's free.