1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Introdcuing msyelf

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by sev1988, Feb 3, 2017.

1. sev1988

sev1988 New Member

Hello everyone,

I just registered yesterday and am pleased to be here. I've suffered from hyperacusis, neuropathic pain (hands and wrists, arms shoulders, and lower body.), and mild arthritis symptoms. I did test negative for rheumatoid arthritis however. I came across Dr. Sarno's work, through the old 20/20 segment that's on youtube. I was intrigued by his approach, since I"m in therapy for trauma issues from my distant past. I'm 28 years old and have been living with some form of chronic pain for 11 years or so.

I now strongly suspect, that most, if not all of my symptoms are TMS. When I read "The Great Pain Deception," I saw myself immediately in the introduction. I subsequently read "The Mindbody Prescription," and had further conformation that this was me. After googling around for a little bit, I found this site and was thrilled to find a forum like this. This site contains a wealth of information that I've found helpful. I have lots of questions, but will save them for other threads. Thanks for having this site and peer support group.

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Welcome young man, you have found your answer, now to apply it in the proper way that changes you. It all must come from you, so learn and then live.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. sev1988

sev1988 New Member

I have some questions. I read your book and Sarno's "The Mindbody Prescription" I was at the library last week, and noticed that my arms hands and wrists weren't in pain, and that I could lift any book (even very heavy ones off of the shelves) However, when I try to do the same at home the book will feel ten times heavier and I'll usually been in some amount of pain after having tried.

I'm assuming this is an example of conditioning. I'm working with a therapist who is therapist who is open to Sarno's ideas, as far as TMS goes. One of the things that we were wondering is if these ideas have anything in common with neuroplastic healing for pain. I'm thinking of the work of Michael Moskowitz.[/QUOTE]

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Your assumption is correct Sev. You are conditioned to feel more pain at home. The best way to change it is to keep fighting it until it disappears.

Welcome and good luck!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.