1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Intro

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Becky, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Becky

Becky New Member

Hello, this is my first day. I'm feeling pretty good about the diagnosis. Honestly, I've only been struggling with symptoms for about two weeks now. It started with a normal UTI, that took a big longer to heal, which made me freak out and look online. Which made me even more anxious, because I then feared I had bladder cancer, overactive bladder, IC, or bladder retention. I tried telling myself these things just don't occur overnight, but I still worried and thought about it. Now my mind is constantly on my bladder, wondering if I have to go to the bathroom, wondering if anything is wrong, wondering if my symptoms will get worse. And scared I'll live the rest of my life with anxiety over my bladder. I've read the info on this sight and can say pretty confidently it is all in my mind. My mind is freaked out over this issue and I need to fight it and say, I'm okay. This won't last forever, it's not something I need to dwell on. I don't just want to focus on my need to or not need to urinate. I feel like this is the strangest issue, but I'm hoping since I caught this very early, that I'll be able to stop dwelling on it and focus on more important issues.

Also, the Mindbody Prescription is at my local library and I'm planning on picking it up this week and reading it.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Becky. You're on the right track to healing. You've gotten scared that you have bladder problems.
    That caused you to develop anxiety and that results in frequent visits to the bathroom.

The SEP will help you to put your mind on positive things to drive away the fear of bladder problems.

This all came on because you need to discover repressed emotions you probably have carried inside you since childhood.

Read the posts in all the forums and see how this knowledge led to thousands of people healing.

Post about your progress.