1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Intermittent sharp pain in back of neck

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Artmuzz, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

I haven't been sleeping well since my anxiety got worse in 2015 but last night was the worst. I was getting stressed out over family matters and couldn't get to sleep last night. I eventually got to sleep but it was only for 2 hours. This morning I started to get those awful migraines again in my left temple of my forehead and by the afternoon I started to get sharp intermittent pain in the back left side of my neck. I am convinced the reason for the pain is physical and psychological tension. Am I right in thinking that the head and neck pain is due to tension over getting stressed out and lack of sleep? I am trying to relax on the sofa with a hot water bottle on my forehead and another one on the back of my neck.

2. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

It's fine now. It was probably a TMS symptom due to lack of sleep and stress and tension I was feeling.