1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Intermittent cramp pain in front of neck

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Artmuzz, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

For the past week I have been getting intermittent cramp like pain in the front of of my neck just below my Adam's apple on the right side. The pain is like a muscular or tendon pain and is intermittent. I am starting to get worried thinking it could be related to the bad acid reflux attack I had a few weeks ago. I will see my doctor but every time I mention something like that to him he says it's psychosomatic but I'm not sure about this though. Please advise.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

if you have a tms type of personality/character it is very likely that it is tms.... but if you want to ask a Dr then go ahead, but if the Dr says it is tms (psychosomatic!) then why would you still look for a physical cause?? Have you looked at a psychological cause?
    Louise Hay's list gives:
    Cramps: Tension. Fear. Gripping, holding on.
    Throat: Avenue of expression. Channel of creativity. – Throat Problems: The inability to speak up for one’s self. Swallowed anger. Stifled creativity. Refusal to change. – Sore throat: Holding in angry words. Feeling unable to express the self.
    Does any of that make sense for you...?

3. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Well known member

Yes, this makes a lot of sense. What you wrote is interesting because I am holding on to a lot of suppressed anger from the past and suffer emotional stress. I am scared to speak up for myself and express myself and I just try to suppress it all and try to run away from it all. The cramps description is an interesting one too. I am a creative person and I am very artistic and musical but due to my depression I don't have the motivation or enthusiasm to paint or compose music at the moment. I am going to be doing art therapy at college soon which I hope will help with my anxiety and depression.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    hecate105 likes this.