1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

intermission

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by heleng, Dec 21, 2014.

1. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

Hi everybody

I have recently had 2 weeks of no pain. It has been great but to be honest I only really noticed this and became aware yesterday . I felt surprised that I hadn't noticed earlier but I have been trying so hard to ignore the pain I also ignored the lack of pain. I felt good yesterday and went out to see a friend wearing new boots with heels and walked there and back to her house and I really became aware of how well I was feeling. Today I have the pain back, not much, but I can feel it. I am now trying to ignore it all over again but it is hard not to feel disappointed. I have been worried and annoyed and scared by this pain for a long time and have been desperate for relief and I got it, wasn't really aware, became aware and got it back. I must admit there is a bit of frustration but also great hope and some confidence as I can clearly see this is psychologically created.

But I still preferred yesterday in my boots when I felt good

2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Glad you had two weeks of no pain! Hopefully, that gives you some confidence that this will work. Fear of the pain is one of the most difficult things to overcome. But in time, the fear diminishes.

It's natural to feel disappointed that pain is back. Remember to cut yourself some slack and be good to yourself. None of us are perfect. I've been doing this a long time and it has transformed my health. But sometimes I'll feel my old symptoms making a little come back. I just know they are nothing to worry about and they always go away in pretty short order.

heleng likes this.
  3. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

I am feeling more confident and I think I can see what is happening. I want to get back to not considering the pain and ignoring it. This has been tricky to do but I must have been doing quite well with it so feel this is a blip and that I can return to no pain. Dealing with TMS is such a balancing act but its fascinating and I am feeling better about lots of things and am being kinder to myself.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

That's how this TMS merde works, you get on with enjoying your life and forget about past pains. When you get an emotionally induced psychosomatic pain symptom, it will serve as reminder that it's TMS and build your confidence in the Good Doctor's theory.

heleng likes this.