1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

interesting

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stevow7, Mar 17, 2018.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

so ive been having low back pain for months and ever since i discovered sarnos work i recovered and went back to the gym, etc but never stretched before. today i stretch my lower body and pain came in quick. but heres the catch, the pain is worst then pain from doing deadlift squats overhead press etc.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's called 'conditioning'. I lift weights 3-4 times a week. I NEVER stretch except to show off to my sons that I am more limber than they (it's the only thing I can still 'beat them' at)

I do not stretch before baseball, playing guitar...nothing. I sometimes 'warm up' but that's just to wake-up/fine tune muscle memory. I don't need to..it's just extra.

I stopped stretching after I read HBP. That was '99. I have never suffered because of it.

stevow7, birder and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

My trainer makes me warm up by running on the treadmill for 5 minutes. Then we do some leg and arm swings - but in five (six?) years she's never had me stretch before my workout. We stretch a bit at the end - mostly yoga-type poses.

I never thought about this before - but she's very experienced and keeps up on the latest knowledge.

I'll be 67 next month, BTW. I never lifted weights in my life until I started working with her. Now I love it - it's really rewarding.

Lynn S, stevow7 and birder like this.