1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting story about my mom friend

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by osca aelius, Jan 7, 2018.

1. osca aelius

osca aelius Peer Supporter

Guys, i thought it would create a good discussion if i post the story here. Here it is:

My mom is a buddhist, and she planned to volunteer giving some food for the monk in the monastry. I went with my mother by motorcycle. After arriving there, my mom met her long time friends, more like a religious friend. There, her friend told an interesting story about the mysterious illness/disease he experienced. It's on his throat, his throat feels hurt and uncomfortable. He went to multiple doctors and to no avail, nothing cured him. All of the doctors have given him their medicine & knowledge on how to cure his throat illness. Not giving up, he went outside the country, to Malaysia for medical matter. After finishing the treatment from outside country doctor, his throat still doesnt get better. A few months keep going like this, he changes his foods diet since he cant eat foods that need hard digesting. He is frustrated, even plan to go back to Malaysia for the hope the doctors there could cure him, but because of work business, he cant go back to Malaysia. He gave up, he just let his throat be like that.

And then..., suddenly his throat cured without treatment from doctors. He also note that when he suffer from his throat illness, he was in such a stressful situations. I remember hearing him talking about like, some work related issues, there is some guy who fooled him or do something that caused him to lose so much money. And because of that he fell sick, and there it is the mysterious throat illness occur. After hearing the story, my mom was like "hey, it just cured automatically? stress could caused all this?", and her friend responding "Its real, i just leave my throat alone, i just let it be and not be stressful about what happened, and it suddenly gone". My mom still acting in disbelieve and me after hearing his story, was screaming in my heart "that is some real story that i could connect to TMS".

Its scary like, how could our body create symptoms that is so scary, doctors dont even know how to cure it, but when we leave the symptoms alone and manage our stressful life, we could get rid of the symptoms without the help from doctors who thinks its caused by structural body.

Note: for all of you who have real physical symptoms, dont automatically treat it as TMS, go to your doctors and get it checked, once may not be enough. But if you have gone to multiple doctors and they have no idea or you seem to be a person who have high anxiety and is currently in a stressful event, it may very well be TMS.

Kira, Ines, Gigalos and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a great story. So is your mom believing her friends story right now or is she still wary? Maybe there are reasons that your mom got confronted with this story and that you were there to witness it... Anyway, once you learn about TMS, you suddenly become aware of how many people suffer from it without knowing it.