1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Dream ... interpretations?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by wendyd, Dec 30, 2014.

1. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

As I move through this process, I have been doing a lot of introspection and soul searching about my patterns. I have started to take small steps in terms of honoring my feelings, speaking up for myself and trying not to repress emotions. Early this morning I had a weird dream. I was standing outside my home (it didn't look anything like my home...much larger!). Others were around. The front porch suddenly broke away and crumbled. I went back into the house to salvage what I could in case more damage happened. I grabbed some sentimental jewelry and ran out. Then the top floor where the bedrooms are also started to shift and move. My grown son was very upset and crying. I tried comforting him, saying that no one was hurt and a house is replaceable. Then I woke up. At first I was scared. But then I thought, maybe this means that my house (me) is shifting. My facade is breaking free to reveal the true me. My structure is shifting. I guess that's a positive spin, but perhaps the real meaning isn't that at all. Would love to hear other interpretations.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I think your interpretation of the dream is the right one, wendy, although I am no authority on the meaning of dreams.

It indicates you are in a good phase of TMS healing. You could be a good professional dream interpreter!

3. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

Thanks, Walt. It seemed plausible (and also talked myself down from being horrified). I've been doing so-so through the rough, holiday period, but I'm sticking with it. I cancelled my chiropractor appointment yesterday (!) and felt very good doing that. Also, reading Ozanich's book, which is excellent! Heading to Costa Rica for a week-long yoga retreat. This TMS annoyance isn't going to keep me down...unless it's in downward facing dog!

4. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

Interesting dream. I find once a analyze my dream, there is nothing to be afraid of. I use Betty Bethards, The Dream Book, and I like the explanations.

House - is the self
    Front porch - extended part of self, enjoyment and relaxation
    Upstairs - spiritual awareness
    Bedrooms - rest, dreams, unconscious, sexual feelings.
    Break - to break something is to make a change, dispel the illusion
    Jewelry - different gifts and abilities, adornment, beauty, individual self expression.
    Son - masculine child part within self.
    Earthquake (sounded a bit like and earthquake) - sudden change

You had a lot of symbols in your dream. You just put the symbols together and see what you get. I would say you are on the right track in your interpretation. I would say that you are on the verge of change, will have less relaxation time and will move onto other things. While you do this you will be using your spiritual awareness, your gifts, may be using the masculine part of self, because that is coming with you.

I have had a lot of "change" dreams as well lately.

Ellen likes this.
  5. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

Wow, Peggy! Thanks for sharing. Very helpful information and I agree, I am on the cusp of change. It's scary, exhilarating and exciting, to say the least.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

You're welcome. I was just thinking of another possibility in the area of spiritual awareness, my interpretation is that it is shifting. Hard not too with all this information. I find that as I learn TMS knowledge, I gain a lot of self power and that creates changes.

7. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

Agree!

8. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

I've always been a sceptic in the value of dream interpretation but when you consider it as a reflection of your internal state then it makes more sense. At my lowest point I had a recurring nightmare about being strangled by a small demonic child and instances of sleep paralysis and terrifying chest pain that meant I was barely able to sleep properly.

Just last night I had this incredible dream about a tidal wave, being panicked and warning others but stopping to marvel at the wave itself. like in the movie Deep Impact. Then I ran inside a hotel and got to the highest point and saved myself.

These interpretations below are from Dreammoods.com and its amazing how this falls into line with the journalling work/digging that I have been doing this past while. Another A-ha moment for me! The writing in bold is familiar for those in this forum.

Tidal Wave To see a tidal wave in your dream represents an overwhelming emotional issue that demands your attention. You may have been keeping your feelings and negative emotions bottled up inside for too long. On a positive note, the tidal wave symbolizes the clearing away of old habits. If you are carried away by the tidal wave, then it means that you are ready to make a brand new start in a new place.

To dream that you can create a tidal wave with your mind is analogous to your ability to control your emotions and keep them in line.

Tsunami To see a tsunami in your dream means that you are being overwhelmed by some repressed feeling or subconscious material that is rising up to the surface. You are experiencing some unhappiness and emotional instability in a waking situation.

Ellen likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

In my dreams I am frequently losing things, especially my car, not knowing where I parked it.
    I wonder what that means.

I used to dream I was naked in a public place, but haven't had it in years.

Anyone have ideas of what those two kinds of dreams mean?

Sometimes I have a really nice dream, like I met someone new and we became instant friends.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, prosperous new year.

10. IrishSceptic

Had another strange dream last night,this time about a Tornado. it has coincided with a renewed vigour in getting on with life.

I was outside my house looking at the sky and noticed large looming clouds that looked ominous. A wind picked up and I saw the spout descend to the earth.
    A streak of panic flashed across my mind and I turned toward the door and ran. A gust of wind held me back and I almost didn't make it inside.
    When inside I watched as my older brother(who I don't get along with) was outside still & I opened the door to let him in as the eye of the storm passed over.
    My younger brother and his girlfriend stayed outside and hung onto the wall. After it was over they were unharmed and there was a positive resolution to the whole dream and we laughed about it.

The tornado apparently represents emotional upheaval and rage according to various websites. It can represent a period of depression finally changing violently or an impending expression of great anger. Amazing how once again, this follows the Sarno 'rage reservoir' concept.

I was pretty skeptical about all this dream interpretation stuff but twice now these dreams have come out the blue when I had been making progress or on the right track so it seems fair to conclude they are of real value.
    Bernie Siegel mentions in his book about Jung diagnosing a brain tumour in one of his patients by interpreting a dream he had. amazing.
    I think this probably effects TMS types more because we have trouble acknowledging certain emotions. Our dreams become the outlet for the Unconscious to express itself.

Ellen likes this.
  11. IrishSceptic

between Tidal waves and Tornados looks like the Rage is significant!

12. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hmmmm.....seems like a tidal waves is coming from the depths up to the surface, and a tornado is coming from above down to the surface. Do you think there is any significance in this difference?

13. IrishSceptic

possibly but I'm not sure thats important, the general symbolism is similar in most dream interpretations I have read.