1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Interesting Article on Happiness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Sita and plum like this.
  2. Ines

Ines Well known member

I liked this "Being happy is a by-product of what you do and appreciating what you have."
    I'm feeling so blue with the holidays coming up. There's so many gifts to buy and the financial part frustrates me. I guess I should be happy I can buy some gifts. It's still all so overwhelming.

plum and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. Sita

Sita Well known member

I liked the article, very interesting indeed. Thanks for posting the link.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I am noticing more and more that just to exist, to be alive ----there is in this a subtle happiness that is not earned or lost...

Time2be and Ellen like this.
  5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Ines, I understand your blues. I had a wave of them myself in the supermarket watching the crowds go MENTAL in a very stressy fashion. I'm also financially strapped but have squirreled enough away to buy my peeps some nice things.

I hit my stride yesterday and am really enjoying seeking out and selecting things that will raise a smile, evoke a memory or touch the heart.

I'm sure if people were honest, the majority would admit to feeling overwhelmed and/or resentful of the expense and expectation. I didn't enjoy Christmas for years (due to hollow, dispiriting experience) but last year I made an effort and was absolutely overjoyed to see the delight on people's faces. The gifts were not flashy or expensive but meaningful, such as a 1930's film long unavailable. I think as we get older those sweet twists of nostalgia manage to reach places in us that remain forever tender.

The other thing that is making a big difference for me is reconnecting with the sacred elements of the season. This feels nice and childlike. This feels like happiness.

Blessings to you Ines.

And thank you @Tennis Tom for the interesting link and reflections it prompted.

Ines and Tennis Tom like this.
  6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You're very welcome Plum! Glad you are once again able to enjoy the holidaze, whether it's with ones we love or alone and we are able to love ourselves and our foibles with all our aches & pains in the TMS spirit.:singing:

7. Ines

Ines Well known member

That sounds like a good idea Plum. I'm glad the spirit came back to you because it can be very beautiful.