1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Intense Exercise

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jocko1, Jan 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jocko1

Jocko1 Peer Supporter

I’ve suffered from TMS for almost 5 years. After 3.5 years of intense buttock, leg and foot pain (which sometimes switches sides) I discovered TMS and I’ve been working through it, gradually progressing with ups and downs. I went through 4 surgeries and all the meds on the planet which did nothing but cause surgical pain and brain fog. I decided to say F it a while back and started working out hard. I do very intense cardio 6 days a week and lift weights 3-4 days a week. During this time and for several hours after my pain almost completely disappears. I also do journaling and mediation which I’m not sure helps with pain but it does help with anxiety. I started slow, real slow. Right now Im 40, and in the best shape of my life. Just wanted to pass along....

Andrew8531, Tennis Tom and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This is great news and a great post, @Jocko1 . I think it could be on the Success Stories subforum, which I believe a lot of people browse almost exclusively - let me know if it's okay for me to move it there!

Congratulations!

~Jan

3. Jocko1

Jocko1 Peer Supporter

Thanks Jan but I wouldn’t call my case a success yet, my day will come but just not today....

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Ah well - even small successes are certainly worth celebrating - and sharing, and thank you for doing so!

5. NameK

NameK Well known member

That's great I recently got back into weightlifting 3-4 times a week after and I've been so sore thr next day or two but its probably because I'm not used to it anymore.

But it's what helped me curb and keep my anxiety under control when I was younger as well I probably got out my anger and fear of stuff through it.