1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 Inspiring TMS/CFS Success Stories

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I've been inspired by a wide range of TMS success stories, including the YouTube videos by Forrest. I also really like this one by 'Psychosomatic': TMS Succss Story: Part 1/7

In addition, I've been really uplifted by the CFS recovery interviews on the CFS Unravelled website. While they don't reference the works of Dr Sarno specifically, many of the interviews emphasise the importance of a mind body approach and the importance of dealing with stress as a key to complete recovery.

CFS Unravelled Recovery Stories

Durga likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for sharing those CFS recovery stories. Yes, they support the MindBody theory of Dr. Sarno without saying so.
    It's good to learn about how others healed from MB symptoms.

Laudisco likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Laudisco,

Thanks for your post, are you still suffering from CFS?

It's really great that you are researching into it and have found people who have healed, I definitely agree while it doesn't necessarily mention Dr Sarno, the principles of mind body do apply.

Dr Schubiner has also included how to treat yourself from CFS/ME within his book - unlearn your pain - http://www.amazon.com/Unlearn-Your-...8&qid=1417721305&sr=8-1&keywords=dr+schubiner

And Ashok Gupta also uses similar techniques in - The Gupta Programme - http://www.guptaprogramme.com/

God bless,

Mike

4. Laudisco

Hi Mike,

It's good to hear from you!

I still have moderate chronic fatigue, although I have changed my diet to eliminate grains and so far I have experienced significant improvement. I am not fully recovered, however I expect to continue improving over the next few weeks. I no longer have the feeling of constant "brain fog" and I am recovering from physical activity more quickly.

Thanks for passing this on! Yeah, I heard a success story about the Gupta program on the "CFS Unravalled" website. Also, thanks for the link to the book "Unlearn Your Pain" as I didn't realise it had a section about ME/CFS.

God bless!
    Lauren

5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lauren,

You are welcome. Just in case you are thinking of purchasing the book, only the second edition consist of a section on ME/CFS. I understand the good Dr is working on a 3rd Edition which will be released early next year - you may want to drop him a line to confirm, just to ensure you have his latest and greatest book :)

God bless,

Mike

6. Laudisco

I appreciate you letting me know! I'll have to make sure I get the second edition, if I end up purchasing it. I really like the videos on Dr Schubiner's website, so I am interested in finding out more about his approach to TMS and ME/CFS.

Blessings,
    Lauren