1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Inspirational Read

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by shirleypm, Apr 8, 2015.

1. shirleypm

shirleypm New Member

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Shirley, thanks for sharing this article. I really like the "do's and don'ts."

There is some real good TMS, Mindbody philosophy in it.

I especially like these:
    • Do… be so busy loving the people who love you that you don’t have time to worry about the few people who don’t like you for no good reason. (I add, don't worry about the people you don't like. Don't even think about them.)

• Do… express gratitude and think about how rich you are – your family and friends are priceless, your time is gold, and your health is true wealth.
    It's great that through the TMSWiki we learn that we are all in a very big boat. So many others have the same problems, pain,
    and anxiety and fear that we have. Posts like this one I look upon as hugs from those we love.

3. James59

James59 Well known member

Question:
    Are people emotionally stable because they don't do these things,
    or
    do they not do these things because they are emotionally stable?

There is a correlation, but which is causation?

4. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

What comes to my mind is, that you know you are enough. You don't need to judge others. You can let them be who they are, or who they need to be.
    It has taken me a long time to understand this.

5. shirleypm

shirleypm New Member

James - I think it's inter-related. Mindset influences our words, and vice versa. It may all depend. I really like the writer - he's always very positive, inspirational.

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

shirleypm likes this.